AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Betenbough Homes said in a news release that it has fallen victim to a ransomware attack resulting in a system breach on May 3.
According to Betenbough homes, on May 15, the company had learned that sensitive personal information of individuals was obtained
Betenbough Homes said it has begun to contact at-risk individuals in Texas, where the vast majority of affected individuals are located, and is offering identity protection and insurance to each person who potentially had sensitive personal information exposed.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- House approves bill to make Juneteenth a federal holiday
- El Paso County Judge says Trump should pay debt related to campaign rally during border visit
- El Paso County Judge says health care and vaccines more pressing than Abbott border wall proposal
- I-27 Advisory Committee to work with TxDOT on expanding Ports-to-Plains Corridor
- The best non-Amazon products to buy on Prime Day