LUBBOCK, Texas — Reese Hamsmith, not quite 2-years-old, died Thursday according to statements from her family. In November, Reese swallowed a battery. She was transferred from the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at University Medical Center to Texas Children’s in Houston.
Her mom wrote just before midnight Thursday, “Our precious baby Reese died this morning and is no longer suffering. She is pain-free at home with our Savior.”
The mom’s Facebook post had 2,900 reactions, 612 shares and more than 1,200 comments as of early Friday afternoon.
A GoFundme page for medical expenses raised $34,046 by Friday afternoon.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- SCOTUS considers Arizona voting rights case as House lawmakers debate bill expanding access to polls
- Governor Abbott’s Executive Order GA-34 to allow all businesses and facilities to return to 100% capacity
- Report labels the best and worst states for children during the pandemic
- TWC says it processed 948% more unemployment claims, 2,000% more payments in 2020 compared to 2019
- Much wow, very vroom: Dogecoin to sponsor NASCAR driver in upcoming race