AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Friday morning around 11:20 a.m., a B-1 Bomber flew over Thomas E. Creek VA Medical Center in Amarillo to show support of those fighting on the front lines of COVID-19.
The flyover that took place on Friday, May 15 was apart of the 337th Test and Evaluation Squadron from Dyess Air Force Base, just southwest of Abilene, Texas.
Unfortunately, due to early morning cloud cover on Friday morning in Amarillo, the flyover wasn’t visible for those who were out to witness the event. However, some said they were still able to hear the noise of the flyover as it made its way over the VA.
Following the flyover this morning in Amarillo, the B-1 Bomber made it’s way over to the Lubbock VA Clinic for another flyover.
While we couldn’t see the flyover ourselves here in Amarillo, the flyover in Lubbock was visible, and you can see it in the video below.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Chesapeake twins celebrate birthday, end of chemotherapy treatment with parade of cars
- LIPS goes virtual for 2020
- Neighbors mourn the loss of children who died in Northeast El Paso crash
- Teens accused of holding couple at gunpoint, stealing their two-month-old puppy
- 702 Raider Nation Las Vegas celebrates as bars open just in time for Raiders’ first home game