AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Police Department reports that an APD Liaison Officer at Tascosa High School was made made aware of a student who was in possession of a firearm.
APD said the student was detained, and the firearm was secured.
AISD released a statement saying Tascosa High School was briefly on lockdown this afternoon after they had received word about a possible weapon on campus.
AISD continues saying school administrators acted quickly along with the school liaison officers, and three students were detained.
AISD said they want to remind everyone of the need for continued conversations with students to reinforce the “If you see something, say something” message.
APD said there is no evidence of any further threats to anyone at the school, and an investigation is ongoing.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Brothers-Sisters of our Military Adventures Hosting Armed Forces Day Banquet
- Walmart announces vaccinated customers and staff no longer required to wear masks
- Amarillo Family Asking for Help Traveling to Life-Saving Surgery
- Two more former Reagor Dykes employees sentenced
- NY Rep. Elise Stefanik elected as new GOP Conference Chair