The Amarillo Police Department saw its 95th academy graduation, on Friday.
On Friday, August 7, 22 cadets completed the academy after 27 weeks of classroom and “hands-on” training.
The day started with a graduation run at seven this morning and ended with the graduation ceremonies.
Chief Martin Birkenfeld, talked on the new APD graduates, “Over the last few years and certainly, in the last few months the police department has received the support and resources that we need especially to hire and train police officers thanks in part to the city council’s diligent attention to public safety.”
The 96th Amarillo Police Academy will start in October of 2020.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Narrow escape, lifesaving phone call: Oregon woman recalls fire
- At town hall, Biden blasts Trump’s ‘criminal’ virus response
- More detained migrant women say they didn’t OK surgeries
- Sports photographer’s Big Ten Zoom spoof goes viral
- Soldier surprises his kids with early homecoming at Northland school