AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Another Chance House hosted an open house today to raise awareness about the structured living environment it provides for residents. Another Chance House officials said its made possible by generous donations.
ACH provides these programs for men who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Guests were greeted by residents and given a tour of the campus at today’s open house. ACH officials said they also got to talk to some of the residents who received a second chance at life.
“We are really thrilled to have people back on the campus,” Said Mollie Swafford, Development Director at Another Chance House. “Also to see previous residents who’ve come back today that we haven’t seen for quite some time. It’s just been fantastic. We’ve had a great turnout today and we’re just really excited.”
ACH officials said 50 percent of their 2020 residents have moved into permanent housing.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TxDOT’s “Know Before You Go” lane closure report for week of June 20-June 26
- Sod Poodles fan, father get’s Father Day surprise at HODGETOWN
- Gruver ISD named School Board of the Year by Region 16
- There’s a castle for sale in Indiana
- In a seller’s market, experts urge buyers to do these 3 things before placing an offer