AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo said the Amarillo Public Health Department will offer the Pfizer vaccine beginning on Thursday, May 13, for children aged 12 to 17 at the Civic Center Vaccination Clinic.
The CDC APIC voted to back the use of the Pfizer vaccine for children aged 12 to 17 on Wednesday, May 12.
The city said the APHD will offer the Pfizer vaccine to those 12 to 17 years-old only.
For individuals 18 and older the Moderna vaccine will be administered.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Southwest Airlines flights briefly grounded due to ‘technical issue’
- Officer involved shooting involving New Mexico State Police in Espanola
- Gas prices are falling slightly across the High Plains
- Midland man charged with murder after argument with wife turns deadly, unborn baby killed
- Iowa father, son charged in U.S. Capitol riot: ‘One of the first ones inside’