AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Police Department, Potter County Sheriff’s Office, and the Randall County Sheriff’s Office signed on to join the US Army’s PaYS Program.
According to the US Army, the program provides America’s youth with an opportunity to serve their country while they prepare for their future.
PaYS partners guarantee soldiers an interview and possible employment after the army.
Randall County Sheriff Christopher Forbis said being able to provide this is great.
“The veterans that are coming out of the US Military have already given of their lives and their service, so its incumbent of us to give them something back by an interview and giving them a job possibly, that’s something that we can do to give back to them,” said Sheriff Forbis.
The agencies said that they already have several veterans working for them.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TxDOT’s “Know Before You Go” lane closure report for week of June 20-June 26
- Sod Poodles fan, father get’s Father Day surprise at HODGETOWN
- Gruver ISD named School Board of the Year by Region 16
- There’s a castle for sale in Indiana
- In a seller’s market, experts urge buyers to do these 3 things before placing an offer