AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has announced The Amarillo MPO Regional Multimodal Transportation Plan, which intends to integrate and modernize the region’s mobility network into one comprehensive document.
This Multimodal Transportation Plan would integrate the recommendations from previous transportation plans:
- The 2010 Hike and Bike Master Plan
- The 2012-2017 Regionally Coordinated Transportation Plan
- The Transit Master Plan
According to TxDOT, “This plan will take a systematic look at the region’s street network and develop corridor multimodal cross sections to accommodate vehicles, trucks, pedestrians, bicyclists, and transit.”
More information and a survey can be found here.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- State Highway 136 shut down after accident
- Potter County Sheriff’s Office to host ‘National Pharmaceutical Take Back Initiative’ Saturday
- DOJ to open Minneapolis police probe, says AP source
- WT students to host Earth Day event for regional schools
- Texas to Utah: animal shelters team up to save 72 orphan kittens