AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – An Amarillo man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison after being found guilty of starting a housefire in 2018.
Joe Clark, Jr. was found guilty of “Arson of a Habitation” yesterday (May 6) after an investigation by the Amarillo Police Department and Amarillo Fire Marshal’s Office into a house fire in the 3300 block of Fleetwood in southwest Amarillo in July of 2018.
Clark was arrested, according to the court release, after his fingerprint was found on a container used to pour gasoline in the house to start the fire.
The trial began Tuesday after jury selection, the guilty verdict being returned late Wednesday afternoon.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Southwest Airlines flights briefly grounded due to ‘technical issue’
- Officer involved shooting involving New Mexico State Police in Espanola
- Gas prices are falling slightly across the High Plains
- Midland man charged with murder after argument with wife turns deadly, unborn baby killed
- Iowa father, son charged in U.S. Capitol riot: ‘One of the first ones inside’