AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A former Amarillo man serving time at the Polunsky Unit in Livingston died from injuries in November.
The Attorney General of Texas custodial death report shows that prison staff found 45-year-old Robert Nunez unresponsive on his bunk on November 10.
The report shows that no weapons were recovered from the cell, and the autopsy isn’t complete yet.
Nunez was serving a 20-year sentence for aggravated perjury.
Prosecutors in 2011 said Nunez made false statements when asked about the whereabouts of his 8-month-old son.
Nunez’s son was missing for over six years before his body was found inside a cooler in the attic of their former home in Amarillo.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Texas lawmaker files bill to ban the display of firearms at public demonstrations
- Texas man who stormed the Capitol threatened to shoot children for being ‘traitors’ and turning him in
- Infant found with mother’s body in parked vehicle in Missouri
- Rhode Island woman donates $1.7 million house to community center
- California becomes first state to top 3 million virus cases