CLAUDE, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — DPS is reporting a passenger died in a one vehicle wreck Sunday morning on SH 207.
Officials say 67-year-old David Charles died after the 1995 Chevrolet Lumina he was riding in veered off the roadway into the barrow ditch where the driver overcorrected the steering and lost control of the vehicle.
The driver and Charles were both ejected. They were both not wearing their seatbelt.
The driver was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injures/critical condition.
The crash remains under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Another round of winter weather
- State health department says teachers still not a priority for COVID-19 vaccine
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Teen missing in 1983 identified as victim of Green River Killer