BAYLOR COUNTY, Texas — Sgt. Dan Bruesing, with the Texas Department of Public Safety, said James Dayton Jones, 40, of Amarillo was pronounced dead on the scene and multiple passengers were seriously injured after a crash involving a Greyhound bus and a pick-up truck at U.S. 277 and U.S 183 in Baylor County, Texas on Monday. There were 29 passengers on the bus, including some that had been picked up in Lubbock
“The Greyhound was going eastbound on the highway. We had a pickup coming southbound on [Highway] 183,” Bruesing said.
According to DPS, the driver of the pickup truck had non-life-threatening injuries.
“We had three air-flighted with serious injuries,” Bruesing said. “The driver of the pickup was transported to Seymour with non-life threatening injuries.”
The crash is still under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Candy factory giveaway: Willy Wonka-like ‘golden ticket’ search begins this week
- Villagers re-elect mayor despite his death from COVID-19
- Dentists advise against participating in TikTok teeth filing challenge
- City of Cleveland prepares to host first presidential debate of 2020
- Trump’s massive personal debt a national security concern, ethics experts say