AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo ISD has canceled classes for Wednesday, Feb. 17.
AISD said this is due to the high demands on energy across the state and the ongoing outages in the community.
“After repeated discussions today with local utility providers, we have decided to cancel school for students on Wednesday, Feb. 17. There will be no school for virtual or in-person students tomorrow,” said AISD.
More closings and delays can be found here.
More weather updates can be found at MyHighPlains.com.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Spirit Unbroken: Quinten Wilson
- US declined to prosecute Trump transport chief after inspector general review
- Gov. Kelly to sign bill helping cities facing sky-high energy costs from winter storm
- UPDATE: Man shot dead after firing weapon at law enforcement officials in Abbeville
- SUV in California crash where 13 died came through hole in border fence