AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — According to the Texas Workforce Commission October data release, Amarillo continues to have the lowest unemployment rate in the state.
According to the TWC the state’s overall unemployment rate sits at 6.9 percent. Amarillo’s unemployment rate dropped to 4.4 percent and Lubbock saw a fall to 5.1 percent.
The state added more than 118,000 non-farm positions during the month..
Texas Workforce Commission’s data release can be found here.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Nazareth Swiftettes claim 1A Cross Country title
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- PHOTOS: Where did it come from? Mysterious monolith discovered in remote area of Utah
- Gov. Lujan Grisham: Special session to start Tuesday