AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – The Amarillo Fire Department has announced it will be putting new Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Packs into service, after nearly two years of effort.
In 2016, AFD says, Amarillo voters favored Prob B, which allowed funding needed for emergency services in Amarillo. AFD was then able to use $1.2 million to replace the entire inventory of SCBA’s with new air packs and bottles.
The new packs, says AFD, comply with the latest NFPA recommendations and will provide firefighters with the most current product on the market.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Nazareth Swiftettes claim 1A Cross Country title
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- PHOTOS: Where did it come from? Mysterious monolith discovered in remote area of Utah
- Gov. Lujan Grisham: Special session to start Tuesday