AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo College announced they will return to in-person commencement exercises this spring with back-to-back graduation ceremonies on Friday, May 14 at Hodgetown Stadium in downtown Amarillo.
AC said the first ceremony begins at 3 p.m. with graduates from AC’s Health Services, Industry, and Public Service communities. Then at 7 p.m., graduates from the remaining career communities will be honored: Business, CIS, Creative Arts, Education, Liberal Arts, STEM and General Studies.
AC said because the ceremonies are community-specific, graduates may not switch from one ceremony to the other.
In the event of inclement weather, the ceremonies would be conducted at the same times on the following day – Saturday, May 15 – at Hodgetown said AC
All graduates must register to participate in the in-person ceremonies, and due to capacity limitations at the stadium, ticketing for guests is a must. Each graduate is entitled to reserve up to nine tickets for family and friends said AC
AC said in keeping with requirements of Major League Baseball, which administers the baseball stadium, face masks will be required for everyone entering the premises.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Immigration attorneys learn to navigate through changing policies
- SONIC’s hard seltzers hitting Kansas stores in August, Oklahoma stores next week
- ‘Law and Order: Organized Crime’ rookie talks about her first role ahead of ‘SVU’crossover
- Wind Surge general manager resigns, 2 days into opening week
- Large plume of smoke seen east of Springfield