AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — During today’s city council meeting, Amarillo leaders gave an update on the amount of COVID-19 cases in our area.
According to Amarillo Public Health Director Casie Stoughton, the five-day new case average for the Amarillo area is at 530 new cases per day. The rolling seven-day positive rate for Potter and Randall counties is 19 percent. The positivity rate at the drive-thru testing site is 48 percent.
“Our community does remain at level red; conditions remain consistent with level red. All indicators remain over the threshold for the level red status,” said Casie Stoughton.
According to city officials, yesterday the drive-thru testing site set a new record — testing 222 patients.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo College continues ongoing project to help train first responders
- Star witness in Harvey Weinstein case breaks her silence
- FEMA extends registration period for Texans impacted by winter storm
- Asian-American lawmaker reacts to Marshall opposing bill to curb hate crimes
- Video: Kennedy fights to lower insulin prices for Louisianans