AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo City Council held a special meeting at the Civic Center, May 11.
City leaders heard public comment on housing needs and future development starting at 6 p.m.
According to the city, Amarillo has seen an increase of 27.9% in Median Home Prices, and a decrease of 55% in active listings.
The meeting gave community members the opportunity to voice their opinions.
“This is a great opportunity for citizens to come face to face with the entire council ask a question give their opinion and for us to have a dialog about it,” said Amarillo City Mayor Ginger Nelson.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Southwest Airlines flights briefly grounded due to ‘technical issue’
- Officer involved shooting involving New Mexico State Police in Espanola
- Gas prices are falling slightly across the High Plains
- Midland man charged with murder after argument with wife turns deadly, unborn baby killed
- Iowa father, son charged in U.S. Capitol riot: ‘One of the first ones inside’