AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — During Tuesday’s Amarillo City Council meeting, Amarillo Public Health Director Casie Stoughton discussed the rising number of COVID-19 cases in our area.
Stoughton said hospitalization rates are increasing, with 23 in house patients at BSA and 15 patients at Northwest Texas Hospital.
The positivity rate at the drive-thru testing site also going up.
“In the older age groups, what we’re seeing is clustering in work, family get-together’s, travel, and church attendance,” said Stoughton.
The drive-thru testing site remains operational.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- World-renowned opera singer Renée Fleming using music to help those suffering from neurological disorders
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?
- Mexican police nab alleged fugitive from the DEA in Juarez
- Latino groups set high expectations for Biden’s DHS nominee