CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story listed the wrong positivity rate. This story has been updated to show the correct positivity rate.
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — During today’s City of Amarillo City Council Meeting, leaders discussed their current response to COVID-19.
According to Public Health Director Casie Stoughton, the seven-day rolling positivity average for Potter and Randall counties is down to 8%.
She also said the five day new cases average for the area is 132 new cases per day.
“I think its a testament to just wearing our masks, social distancing, hand-washing, all of the things we are doing to combat this virus,” said Stoughton.
The Amarillo metro area still leads the country in vaccination rates on covidactnow.org at 11.2%.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: ISS space-walk with American and Japanese astronauts
- Get the corn, potatoes and water boiling, because its crawfish season!
- Can you spread coronavirus after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Lawmaker pushes for 3rd time to make Bible the state book of Tennessee
- ‘Satan’ says he was flirting, trying to get a date on Boston subway