AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — During today’s city council meeting, the Amarillo City Council approved the first reading of an ordinance to consider designating the area of Northwest 24th and Lakeside as location of possible tax abatement.
The second reading will be held at the next city council meeting, and Potter County will also have to vote to approve this.
Today’s reading passed four to zero with Elaine Hays abstaining from voting because of a possible project attached to the land.
This is the area that the AEDC said Amazon was possibly looking at for a distribution center, however nobody during today’s meeting would say what the abatement was for.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- High school basketball roundup: January 26, 2020
- Postal Service to release new series of ‘Star Wars’-themed stamps
- See the auroras from space in newly released photos
- Chicago man charged after allegedly selling stimulus checks stolen with help of postal worker
- Advocates of undocumented immigrants criticize Texas AG’s lawsuit to halt Biden’s deportation freeze