AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo’s citizen engagement tool – Council Connect – is scheduled for today at 5:30 p.m. at Amarillo Downtown Library, 413 S.E. Fourth Ave.
Council Connect is an outlet for public comment.
Council Connect provides the opportunity for citizens to discuss topics with two councilmembers in a less restrictive environment than Amarillo City Council meetings on Tuesdays.
Councilmembers Eddy Sauer and Howard Smith will be in attendance.
Council Connect meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month.
The public can still address the council during regularly-scheduled council meetings at 1 p.m. on Tuesdays. Citizens will have three minutes to address items specifically related to the weekly city council agenda.
In addition, there are several ways citizens can contact city officials: Emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The city of Amarillo’s mainline is (806) 378-3000. Online forms for questions/comments are available at www.amarillo.gov.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- New wristbands serve as wearable vaccine card
- FAA proposes fining unruly passenger $32,750 for allegedly refusing to wear mask, hurting flight attendants
- Catholic Charities of the Texas Panhandle awarded $27,000 grant from Texas Bar Foundation
- 3 injured in Idaho middle school shooting; student captured
- Twitter suspends ‘From the desk of Donald J. Trump’ account