AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo’s citizen engagement tool – Council Connect – is scheduled for today at 5:30 p.m. at Amarillo Downtown Library, 413 S.E. Fourth Ave.
Council Connect is an outlet for public comment.
Council Connect provides the opportunity for citizens to discuss topics with two councilmembers in a less restrictive environment than Amarillo City Council meetings on Tuesdays.
Councilmembers Eddy Sauer and Howard Smith will be in attendance.
Council Connect meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month.
The public can still address the council during regularly-scheduled council meetings at 1 p.m. on Tuesdays. Citizens will have three minutes to address items specifically related to the weekly city council agenda.
In addition, there are several ways citizens can contact city officials: Emails can be sent to email@example.com. The city of Amarillo’s mainline is (806) 378-3000. Online forms for questions/comments are available at www.amarillo.gov.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Airbnb removing 1-night home listings for July 4 weekend to discourage large parties
- NASA Official Discusses Ingenuity Flight Plans and Future of Space Exploration
- South African variant may be able to ‘break through’ Pfizer vaccine, study finds
- Sod Poodles announce 2021 season events
- APH reports 12 new cases of COVID-19 and 18 recoveries in Amarillo area