AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo/Canyon Area Rotary Clubs will be donating $6,825 to the High Plains Food Bank later today.
The donationi includes $1,475 from Amarillo West Rotary Club District Grant approval for COVID-19 and $5,350 Gift from Rotary District 5730.
“Rotary District 5730 continues to step up to support the needs of our community’s vulnerable population with our financial resources. Our District Governor and Finance Committee have approved a total gift of $16,000, including $8,000 available from the District Budget matched by D5730 Contingency Funds, to be split 3 ways between the High Plains Food Bank in Amarillo, the South Plains Food Bank in Lubbock, and the West Texas Food Bank in the Midland/Odessa area. The 1,485 Rotarians in our district continue to be “People of Action”!”
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- High Plains leads the state in COVID-19 cases per a thousand persons
- IN FOCUS Discussion: Native American Heritage Month
- San Antonio sets curfew for Thanksgiving holiday, weekend after
- Mexico says ‘The Mute’ gave green light to kill Americans, but victim’s father points to druglord Caro Quintero
- Group to document alleged abuse of migrants by law enforcement