AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — If your thumbs are green with envy, the Amarillo Botanical Gardens had just what you ordered today. Gardenfest, a day filled with fun for all ages, took place at ABG this afternoon.
ABG officials said the event was full of food, arts, crafts, gifts and garden accessories. ABG’s main attraction, their famous geraniums, were priced to sell and available in several colors. The vibrant flowers are locally grown.
Proceeds from Gardenfest go to benefit ABG, according to officials, and their was also face painting for the kids and a food truck from Golden Waffle/Golden Light Cafe.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Crash involving car and bus on I-10 leaves 1 dead, 3 seriously injured
- How do I cure a hangover?
- More than 800 turtles found ‘swimming’ in storm drains along Jersey Shore
- Austin City Hall surrounded by tents during camp-in protest of new public camping ban
- Taste alone won’t persuade Americans to swap out beef for plant-based burgers