AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Confirmed by Captain Cody Snyder of the Amarillo Fire Department, a home caught fire on the 2400 block of Englewood Drive at around 6:42 this morning.
According to the Amarillo Fire Department, the first crew arrived at 6:48 a.m. and found heavy fire outside of the home, extending inside. Crews extinguished the main body of the fire from outside, and it was under control by around 7 a.m.
“Searching the home was difficult due to its contents.” said the release, “All residents were accounted for with no injuries reported. Two dogs were reported missing but were found unharmed.”
The Amarillo Fire Marshal’s Offices determined the cause was a cigarette butt that was thrown out of a window onto a couch that was placed on the porch. The cause will be listed as “Accidental”.
More from MyHighPlains.com: