AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) —The Amarillo Fire Department said they responded to a structure on August 21, at 5924 NE 9th St. in Amarillo at 9:34 p.m.
AFD said when they arrived at 9:39 p.m. they found a single-story, multiple residences with fire coming out of a window in the front of an apartment.
The fire was brought under control by 9:48 p.m., and crews were able to rescue multiple pets from the structure, according to AFD. AFD added that two cats were given supplemental oxygen by firefighters and their condition greatly improved.
The fire caused an estimated $10,000 worth of damage, according to AFD and the Amarillo Fire Marshal’s Office responded to investigate the cause of the fire.
Red Cross was also notified to assist the occupants.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- 81-year-old ‘Fitness Gran’ takes over TikTok
- ‘I just want to be an average human’: 13-year-old science lover who lost his mom looking for a new family
- COVID-19 bill can’t include $15 minimum wage hike, Senate referee says
- Texas lawmakers grill energy providers, state regulators over deadly winter storm failures