AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — An accident in Amarillo Saturday night left one person dead, according to the Amarillo Police Department.
The APD said on Saturday, Sept. 26 at 7:01 a.m., they were called to the 4500 block of Bell Street due to an accident that involved a vehicle and a pedestrian.
APD said Susan Lee, a 56-year-old female of Amarillo, was crossing Bell Street, heading east on foot, not in a crosswalk. According to APD, Lee walked in front of a vehicle that was heading north and died at the scene of injuries received in the collision.
The driver of the Range Rover was uninjured in the crash, according to officials.
The incident is still being investigated by the Traffic Investigation Squad of the Amarillo Police Department.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: City of Amarillo Coronavirus Update Oct. 21
- WT Design Students craft Get-Out-the-Vote messages
- Sheriff’s Sgt. raises questions in Zion’s missing person case of Holly Courtier
- Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett was trustee at private school with anti-gay policies
- Northern California prison ordered to release, transfer 50% of inmates due to COVID-19