AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — AACAL and Pantex teamed up to promote and celebrate women in the engineering industry.
On Feb. 25, they held their annual “Introduce a Girl to Engineering” event at AACAL’s AMTECH Facility to show off the local efforts promoting STEM curriculum.
Students also had the opportunity to meet women working in nuclear science.
“It is so very critical that we have these events for ‘Introduce a Girl to Engineering’ and STEM week for our students so that they can see all of the STEM possibilities and all the things they can do and the opportunities that they have, we need to open the doors so they have these avenues,” said Jen Kelly, CNS.
They hope the annual event will encourage more women to consider career in STEM.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Off-duty nurse helps mother deliver baby in California parking garage
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers to host annual ‘Shred It Day’ on April 17
- Texas Tech Physicians are preparing for the Cancer Screening and Information Fair
- Increased blood use from hospitals creates greater need for blood donors
- ‘The federal government has failed to address this problem,’ bipartisan delegation tours the U.S.-Mexico border