OLDHAM COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) reported to have seized 915 pounds of assorted THC products, and arrested one person, after a Texas Highway Patrol Trooper stopped a vehicle in Oldham County.
On Tuesday at around 10 a.m., DPS reported that a Trooper stopped a 2021 Chevrolet Suburban traveling east on I-40 near Vega, for a traffic violation. The Trooper then found the THC products inside multiple large cardboard boxes in the car.
The driver – Dung Truong, 32, Culver City, California – was noted as arrested and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance. Truong was booked into the Oldham County Jail.
According to DPS, the drugs were allegedly being transported from Los Angeles, California to Chicago, Illinois.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Off-duty nurse helps mother deliver baby in California parking garage
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers to host annual ‘Shred It Day’ on April 17
- Texas Tech Physicians are preparing for the Cancer Screening and Information Fair
- Increased blood use from hospitals creates greater need for blood donors
- ‘The federal government has failed to address this problem,’ bipartisan delegation tours the U.S.-Mexico border