AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Golden Eagle District, the largest of all districts that make up the Golden Spread Council Boy Scouts of America, held its first annual Space Derby on Saturday.
The event took place at Camp Don Harrington on Saturday, Oct. 10. There was also the traditional wooden space derby competition and a paper rocket competition.
Those wanting to participate were able to register for $5 or with 5 cans of food. All food items benefiting the High Plains Food Bank, Southwest Church of Christ, and the Washington Avenue Christian Church.
The Discovery Center even helped get the event started, when it launched a rocket to kick everything off.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Qua Grant announces commitment to Wichita State
- Problem-Solver Caucus proposes immigration facilities in Mexico, Central America
- Coach O says LSU NEEDS this Spring Game
- White House and Congress express confidence in health officials in wake of pause on J&J vaccines
- 13 years later, Debelbot saga ends with dismissal of child murder charges in Columbus court