AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Update: The Amarillo Fire Department provided an update to the structure fire that happened on the 3400 block of SE 15th.

According to AFD, after 9 a.m., crews were called to a house fire and were told that a baby was trapped inside. When crews arrived they found a woman outside directing them to the window where the child was located. A paramedic, who arrived before fire crews, attempted to reach through the window but was pushed back by heat and smoke before arriving firefighters dropped their hose line and jumped into the window.

Firefighters brought out a child they had found in a crib said AFD. A second crew arrived and entered the home extinguishing the fire and rescuing three dogs.

AFD said the child was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and the paramedic was also being treated for smoke inhalation. All other occupants made it out safely, though one dog was found dead inside the home. The Amarillo Fire Marshall’s Office ruled the fire accidental.

Original Story: One child was taken to the hospital Thursday morning after the Amarillo Fire Department was called to a house fire on the 3400 block of Southeast 15th.

According to the fire department, crews arrived at the home Thursday morning to find a mother in the yard, who told firefighters that her two children were inside the home. While officials reported that one was able to get out of the home, the other child was taken to a local hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Officials also reported that two dogs were inside the home at the time of the fire. While one was able to escape, the other was unaccounted for at around 10 a.m.

The fire was put out around 10 a.m., according to officials, though no cause for the fire had yet been determined.

This story is developing. Check with MyHighPlains.com for updates.