The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) approved $629,730 in grants through the TWDB’s Agricultural Water Conservation Grants Program.
The program offers grant funding to state agencies and political subdivisions for activities that promote water conservation in our state.
The grant recipients are:
- Chambers-Liberty Counties Navigation District
- Edwards Aquifer Authority
- Harlingen Irrigation District
- High Plains Underground Water Conservation District
- Lower Colorado River Authority
- Mesquite Groundwater Conservation District
- North Plains Groundwater Conservation District
- Panhandle Groundwater Conservation District
- Texana Groundwater Conservation District
The grant funding was made available for the purchase of agricultural water conservation equipment designed to monitor irrigation water use, implement irrigation scheduling, and/or improve upon irrigation efficiency.