The ballot position for Amarillo City Council for the May 4 election has been determined.
Candidates drew numbers for ballot position at Amarillo City Hall Thursday morning.
The ballot for Amarillo City Council will read:
- Mayor: Kip Billups; Claudette Smith; Ginger Nelson (Incumbent).
- Councilmember/Place 1: Elaine Hays (Incumbent); Hayden Pedigo; Richard Herman; Jay U. Kirkman III.
- Councilmember/Place 2: Treva Harper; Freda Powell (Incumbent).
- Councilmember/Place 3: Brad Torch; Tom Warren II; Eddy Sauer (Incumbent).
- Councilmember/Place 4: Steven Rosas; Howard Smith (Incumbent).
According to the Amarillo City Charter, elections for City Council are held in May of every odd-numbered year. Positions for Amarillo City Council are elected at-large, which means city council members represent all of Amarillo and not certain areas.
The last day for candidates to withdraw their names from the ballot is Friday, Feb. 22. The last day to register to vote in the May 4 election is Thursday, April 4. Early voting begins Monday, April 22 and ends Tuesday, April 30.
For polling locations and times, please visit: http://pottercountyvotes.com/ or http://randallcounty.com/elections/general/default.html.