HUTCHINSON COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Texas A&M Forest Service (TFS) responded to a request for assistance on a fire in Hutchinson County.
UPDATE: On July 13, at 4:22 p.m. TFS said the #LightningWestFire in Hutchinson county is est. to be 7,000 acres and 80% contained.
According to TFS, the fire is estimated to be around 7000 acres and is 50% contained.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- New Mexico’s largest newspapers combine printing operations
- Jay Hartzell named sole finalist for UT-Austin president
- New Mexico health insurance co-op prepares to close
- School year begins for some New Mexico districts
- Tulsa State Fair canceled for 2020 amid coronavirus concerns