LOS ANGELES (NEXSTAR) — Actress Naya Rivera will be featured Friday in what’s believed to be her final television appearance. Rivera will appear in an episode of Netflix’s baking competition Sugar Rush, according to Deadline.
The Glee star will serve as a guest judge on the Los Angeles-based production alongside host Hunter March and judges Candace Nelson and Adriano Zumbo. According to Deadline, this was the last show Rivera shot before production was shutdown in Hollywood due to COVID-19.
Rivera died after she went missing in a Los Angeles-area lake earlier this month. Her body was recovered July 13.
According to Deadline, Netflix spoke with Rivera’s longtime manager Gladys Gonzalez about whether or not to release the program as planned. The decision was made to move forward and dedicate the episode in her honor.
The Sugar Rush episode featuring Rivera will be released Friday.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Tracking the Tropics: Record-breaking 2020 hurricane season drawing to a close
- Traveling nurse gets shocking diagnosis while helping with coronavirus efforts in North Dakota
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- Marshall man arrested for shooting after fight at gas station
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments