AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Texas Department of Transportation has various lane closings, as well as roadside work scheduled in the Amarillo area for the week of September 13, 2020.
See those lane work sites listed below.
• Expect various lane closures on Airport Boulevard in both directions for seal coat operations.
• Watch for left lane closures along I-27 and I-40 outside of town for cable barrier repair work.
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: I-40 at Whitaker Road, Lakeside Drive and Pullman Road
Starting Sunday, Sept. 13 at 4 p.m. and continuing through Wednesday, Sept. 16, crews will move traffic to the new bridges on I-40 westbound. Motorists should expect delays and shifting traffic patterns.
I-40 westbound traffic from the Pullman Road entrance ramp to Eastern Street will be reduced to one lane during this time. Eastbound traffic will also be reduced to one lane starting at 7 p.m. each night.
Weather permitting, the traffic detour will be completed in time for the morning commute on Thursday, Sept. 17. All traffic will be on the new westbound bridges with traffic opened to two lanes in each direction.
This traffic configuration will remain in place until the conclusion of the project, which is expected in November 2021.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hallan ‘rata gigante’ en tubo de drenaje en Ciudad de México
- Presidente de Mexico hablará de programa contra la pobreza en Ciudad Juárez
- Canadian woman accused of trying to poison Pres. Trump charged with threatening to kill and injure president of the United States
- Amarillo PHD confirms 186 new cases of COVID-19; 5 deaths
- 150 million rapid COVID-19 tests to be distributed to all U.S. states