Here is this week’s weekly lane closure report according to the Texas Department of Transportation. This is for the week of Feb. 24.
- On I-40 westbound, the right shoulder will be closed from Western Street to Bell Street as crews rebuild areas damaged by vehicles driving over the grass to exit the interstate. Motorists are reminded that driving through the grass to exit the interstate is illegal, causes damage to erosion control and is unsafe for those traveling on the frontage roads.
- Various lane closures on Amarillo Boulevard in both directions from Soncy Road to Hughes Street for patching repairs.
- Watch for slow-moving herbicide operations along I-27, I-40, and the downtown interchange.
- On Monday, Feb. 25, the right lane of US 87 northbound will be closed at Mobley Road for slope repair.
- On Tuesday, Feb. 26, the right lane of US 87 northbound will be closed at Amarillo Creek for patching repairs.
- On Wednesday, Feb. 27, the right lanes of State Loop 335 will be closed in both directions at Amarillo Boulevard for patching repairs.
- On Thursday, Feb. 28, the left lanes of State Loop 335 will be closed in both directions at Amarillo Boulevard for patching repairs.
- On Thursday, Feb. 28, Ross Street will be closed under I-40 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. for placement of a bridge deck. The left lanes of I-40 will be closed in both directions, as well, from 9 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 28 to 9 a.m. Friday, March 1.
All projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.