FRITCH, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Lake Meredith National Recreation Area Rangers are searching for a missing person.
According to Eric Smith, Lake Meredith NRA and Alibates Flint Quarries Superintendent, on Sunday at around 11:15 p.m., the National Park Service received a notification that Ryan Kennedy had been hunting and camping in the park but did not return home as planned.
Rangers said the found Kennedy’s truck and boat trailer Sunday night but found no sign of him.
Rangers continued their ground search and began a water search this morning. Officials said items belonging to Kennedy were found on the water this afternoon, but he and his boat are missing.
Texas Parks and Wildlife game wardens and DPS are assisting in the search.
Anyone having information about Kennedy is asked to call the Lake Meredith National Recreation Area headquarters.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Chipotle increasing average wage to $15 per hour
- Disabled migrant girl whose father carried her most of the journey from Honduras allowed to seek care in U.S.
- ‘Bin Laden’ blamed for Mexican police commander’s assassination
- Mexican minors trying to join family in U.S. face legal hurdles other nationalities don’t
- US lawmakers look into threat assessment from Jan. 6 attack