AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) —Kids in Amarillo had the opportunity to ask Mayor Ginger Nelson questions regarding COVID-19.
Amarillo Mayor, Ginger Nelson, answered local kids questions live Saturday, April 4, on her Facebook page.
Mayor Nelson answered questions like, ” how much longer is the virus going to be in our city?”, and “How did the coronavirus get into our city?”
The live event lasted in all, just a little over 30 minutes. Mayor Nelson answered all the questions to the best of her ability and tried to make the pandemic and quarantine make sense for the young audience.
Nelson ended the event by thanking the kids for being leaders and thinkers in the community, she also encouraged them to stay positive during this time.
You can watch the whole question and answer event that Mayor Nelson did below.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Mom of 10 gives birth to first daughter, dies days later
- Website offering “dream job” paying $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days
- Here’s why it’s crucial to quarantine for 14 days after COVID-19 exposure
- Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham announces special session for state relief for New Mexico businesses and unemployed
- Biden begins nominating cabinet members as Trump continues to fight election results