Baked Pears with Cranberries
– 4 pears, such as Bosc, Bartlett or Anjou
– 24 fresh cranberries
– 4 tablespoons of chopped pecans
– ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, plus more, if needed
– ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, plus more if needed
– 4 tsp of raw honey
– Vanilla Greek yogurt if desired
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees
– Halve the pears and then core. Slice a small part off the backside of each pear half to create a flat surface so the pear sits flat when laid on the pan.
– Place the pear halves on a large baking sheet or baking pan, cored side up. Place three cranberries into the cored part of each pear half. Sprinkle each pear half with about ½ tablespoon of pecans then sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Drizzle each pear half with ½ tsp of honey.
– Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes or until the pears are thender.
– Serve with Greek yogurt if desired.