There are signs you might be experiencing High Functioning Depression. Sufferers may experience symptoms for many years before it is diagnosed. Psychotherapy has been proven to be as effective as medication.
Some signs may include:
1. Difficulty experiencing joy
2. critical of yourself and others
3. Constantly doubt yourself
4. Diminished energy
5. More irritable or excessive anger
6. Small things feel like huge things
7. Feel guilty or worried about the past and the future
8. Relying on “coping strategies” more and more
9. Generalized sadness
10. See perfection
11. Inability to rest and slow down.
A Campbell Counseling
Aimee Campbell, Licensed Professional Counselor