HEREFORD, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A 14-month-old in Hereford is in the hospital after coming into contact with chemicals.
It happened Friday afternoon around 4 p.m.
According to Deaf Smith County Sheriff J. Dale Butler, the chemical was Zinc Phospate.
The child was taken to the hospital and later transported to Amarillo.
Officials said the home has been secured and no one is allowed inside.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- National Guard to conduct COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Sherman residents
- Man arrested for injecting people with untested COVID ‘vaccines,’ officials say
- Houston Weather – Where January 2021 ranks among warmest on record
- Biden oath second only to Reagan and Obama with TV viewers
- Joel McKay Smith talks about “Contacts helping Causes” on Jessop’s Journal