AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – The Maverick Boys & Girls Club of Amarillo has been awarded a $10,000 grant by State Farm’s “Success Depends on Me” program, to be presented this morning at the Club at 11 a.m.
Described by the Boys & Girls Club, “Success Depends on Me” works to provide afterschool and summer programs for K-12 students at the Club, and three elementary school sites. Noted by the Club, 82% of the students it serves live in poverty.
The funding, said the Club, will be used to promote Career Launch and Workforce Development programs and on the job training opportunities.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Texas Panhandle Sports Hall of Fame Holds 63rd Annual Awards Presentation
- Amarillo College awarded $100K by Texas Mutual Insurance, will benefit Safety and Environmental Technology program
- How a quick thumb-palm test can determine patient’s risk of having aneurysm
- Ambulance stolen in Utica chased by police into Rochester, NYSP says
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ousted, new government takes power