AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Hispanic Chamber of Commerce got creative and decided to social distance out on the golf course to help raise money for scholarships in our area.
25 teams went to Comanche Trail Golf Course on Monday to tee off for the cause.
“The Hispanic Chamber plays a vital role in our community, because not only are we converting students into great leaders in our community, but we’re impacting businesses here in Amarillo, which contributes to the growth of Amarillo as a whole,” said Amarillo Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s Executive Director, Ruby Moreno.
This year they had fewer teams play but were able to raise more money thanks to more sponsors.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham announces special session for state relief for New Mexico businesses and unemployed
- Biden begins nominating cabinet members as Trump continues to fight election results
- Social-distancing bench helps Santa Chrys safely take pictures with guests
- Podcast re-examines the case of Canadian teen Thomas Brown
- Michigan officials certify election, sealing Biden victory