Victims of human trafficking can be all ages and from all backgrounds. Be aware fo the following clues:
– Being controlled; not able to speak on their own
– Inability to move or leave job
– Bruises, depression, fear, overly submissive
– No identification
Questions to help you identify victims:
– What type of work do you do? If you wanted to change jobs, could you?
– Can you come and go as you please?
– Have you or your family been threatened?
– Where do you sleep?
– Do you have to ask permission before doing basic things?
– Are there locks on the doors/windows so you cannot get out?
– Has your ID been taken from you?
NATIONAL HUMAN TRAFFICKING HOTLINE: 1-888-373-7888
AMARILLO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE: 1-806-374-5433
904 N. Grand