MEMPHIS, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The death of a Memphis infant is being investigated as a murder.
It happened back on Thursday, November 7.
According to the Hall County Sheriff’s Office, Kaytou Carney was found dead inside a trailer house at an RV park in Memphis.
Officials said the infant’s father, Chaz Carney, 22, was arrested on Friday, November 8, for Capital Murder. The mother, Lillian Stuehrk, 19, was arrested for Injury to a Child.
Both are in the Hall County Jail.
The Hall County Sheriff’s Office and the Texas Rangers are in investigating the incident.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Japan to decide on overseas fans attendance at Tokyo Olympics by end of month
- Video captures man hitting neighbor’s dog with machete after it attacked his pet pig
- LIVE: National security officials testify on Jan. 6 Capitol attack
- White House officials give COVID-19 update after Biden lays out new vaccine timeline
- ‘Forget your purse! Let’s go!’: Watch Florida deputies rescue 73-year-old woman from sinking car