AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Xcel Energy employees presented a check earlier today to the Eveline Rivers Coat Project for more than $6,900 to help with the purchase of new coats, caps and gloves for children in need.
The employees raised the funds from their employer and from various vendors that supply Xcel Energy across the region.
Additionally, employees conducted a new coat drive at various Xcel Energy facilities around the city.
The Eveline Rivers Coat Project is in its 40th year of operation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Zeke fumbles, Cowboys stumble
- It’s finally game week for WT Football
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Kirstie Alley defends Trump vote, responds to ‘nasty people’
- Woman found alive at funeral home dies at Detroit hospital