AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — More than 600 Amarillo area youth baseball players will receive a free uniform for this upcoming baseball season, thanks to a donation from local businesses.
The Amarillo Area Rotary Baseball League is in charge of the teams, but Sod Poodles President and General Manager Tony Ensor said the league doesn’t have the capacity to pay for uniforms.
“Money is the limited resources at the Amarillo area,” Ensor said. “Rotary literally has to go to war towards facilities to enhance our facilities and, and equipment for the kids. So, it’s a great partnership and we’re proud to be a part of it.”
The deadline to register for the league is on February 26. The season starts about a month later.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Local man turns 100 years old; party cancelled for social distancing
- Texas company looking to dock paychecks for those receiving stimulus checks
- United Way seeks community support for those facing economic hardships due to COVID-19
- Everyday Heroes: Tremaine Brown, Shi Lee’s Barbecue and Soul Food
- US-run maquiladoras go on monthlong work-stoppage in Juarez