TAMPA (WFLA) — The public educational company Scholastic came up with a way to keep kids busy and learning while school closures keep them home during coronavirus pandemic.
Scholastic set up a ‘Learn From Home’ website with four categories: PreK and Kindergarten, Grades 1 and 2, Grades 3-5, and Grades 6+. Each section is already equipped with one week of content for students with 15 additional days on the way.
Each day of content is filled with exciting articles and stories, videos, and fun learning challenges. The students can even go on virtual field trips or meet best-selling authors.
The website provides up to three hours’ worth of content each day and can be completed on any device.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- SXSW Online: George W. Bush, Pete Buttigieg, Don Lemon join roster of keynotes and speakers
- Albuquerque woman locks herself in NMSP station bathroom
- NMHSD offering counseling service to help New Mexicans cope with COVID-19 pandemic
- Third stimulus checks: Key vote coming that will impact $1,400 payments
- ExxonMobil contractor fired after displaying noose to coworker