TAMPA (WFLA) — The public educational company Scholastic came up with a way to keep kids busy and learning while school closures keep them home during coronavirus pandemic.
Scholastic set up a ‘Learn From Home’ website with four categories: PreK and Kindergarten, Grades 1 and 2, Grades 3-5, and Grades 6+. Each section is already equipped with one week of content for students with 15 additional days on the way.
Each day of content is filled with exciting articles and stories, videos, and fun learning challenges. The students can even go on virtual field trips or meet best-selling authors.
The website provides up to three hours’ worth of content each day and can be completed on any device.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Local hospitals see surge in COVID-19 cases
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Sister Norma, a South Texas icon, named among Time’s 100 Most Influential People of 2020
- ‘SoCal’ home prices continue to skyrocket; median price in San Diego hits $640,000
- Veterans will ride 20 horses for 20 miles to raise suicide awareness